Tuesday 17 June 2014

Experimental photography

I should be writing today! I should be sorting out courses. I should be doing my accounts. I should be doing lots of things but I'm not - I'm playing again! I love experimental photography so decided to do some more CD and water shots. These are so easy to do and the results are different every time. There is a whole chapter in my book Learning through a lens Available here about settings and how to create these.

However, you simple need a CD, black paper, a dark space, a torch and a tripod for your camera.
A long exposure is needed - hence the tripod (or you will get camera shake)
Use manual setting so you can expose for 10 or 15 seconds, F22 (or as high as your camera will go) and ISO 100.

There are tutorials on YouTube if you find it easier to follow a video tutorial  - this is just one example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvkOh_qvu3M


Following 10 minutes of playing these were a few results






I did read in one of the tutorials that if you put your CD in the microwave it will give it a crackled texture - well the texture is good but I'm not sure I would recommend it! (Kitchen still smells of burning and I only put it in for 2 secs - don't tell Tony!)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you - your comment will be visible after moderation Jane